Disclaimer: Is this really necessary? I just borrowed them for a little while! I'll bring them back, Paramount...I PROMISE!

 

Missed Opportunities - Part 5

"Where is everyone? This wedding was supposed to start 15 minutes ago!"

"You certainly have lost a lot of patience today, B'Elanna!"

"I have not...I never had any to begin with!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, could I have your attention please?" Neelix announced. "I apologize for the delay. We'll be underway in just a minute"

"Well, it's about time. I'm dying to know who this girl is!"

Just then, Chakotay and Starfleet Admiral Owen Paris walked out front, facing the back. Tom was stunned.

"What's my dad doing up there? I thought the Captain said that she..." Tom started to say as the music began. Everyone stood and turned to face the back, as well. The bride made her way up the aisle and immediately whispers began to trickle throughout the congregation.

"Can you see her yet?" B'Elanna asked, craning her neck to catch a glimpse of the future Mrs. Chakotay.

"Yeah, I can see her...I'll be damned!" Tom responded, shaking his head.

She opened her mouth to respond, but then she saw the reason for his comment. Kathryn walked past them wearing one of the most beautiful wedding gowns either of them had ever seen. She had little white flowers up in her hair, with a delicate veil falling down her back. And one of the biggest smiles she could muster.

B'Elanna's mouth dropped open, and Tom caught her arm as she almost fell down in her seat.

"I...I...don't believe it!", she stammered loudly, her comment echoing through the building.

"Neither do I," Chakotay responded as laughter filled the air. He took Kathryn's hands and everyone took their seats.

Admiral Paris began the ceremony, while Kathryn and Chakotay swam in each other's gaze. Only responding when necessary. Totally oblivious to the witnesses behind them. Dreaming of the journey that lay ahead of them.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Everyone began to cheer and applaud as Kathryn and Chakotay began to laugh. Chakotay turned to Neelix, asking "Can I kiss her *now*?"

"By all means."

He cupped her face in his hands as she rested her palms on his chest. This was the moment both of them had been wishing for. He bent in to brush his lips gently across hers. Their kiss began tenderly and grew more passionate with the passing seconds. Their first kiss. The kiss that sealed their vows. They both wanted the moment to last forever.

"Hey, we get the point! Can we eat now?" Tom yelled out, getting more chuckles from the crowd.

They finally broke their kiss, pulling each other into a hug. As Kathryn and Chakotay made their way down the aisle, they were greeted by even more cheers. The dream had finally come true. And best of all, it was just the beginning.

[ Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 ]
[ J/C Fanfiction | Voyager | Homepage ]
Enjoy this story?
get this gear!