Disclaimer: Paramount owns them, but I borrow them occasionally to let them have fun!

Summary: The crew hears something they will never forget.

 

Memorable

"My ready room, Commander...*NOW*," Captain Janeway announced heatedly as she exited the turbolift.

Kathryn never broke her stride, briefly making eye contact with Chakotay, then walking directly into her ready room. The scowl on her face would have made any man cower...and still might, Tom thought, as Chakotay slowly...and quite hesitantly...rose from his seat. The ready room doors opened, and a shiver ran down Tom's back, for she stood right inside, arms crossed and face holding an even more fierce and icy stare.

"Better him than me," Tom muttered as the doors hissed shut.

"How *dare* you?" Kathryn stated as soon as Chakotay was inside.

Chakotay could barely contain his amusement. He could only imagine what everyone on the bridge must be thinking. Judging from the look on Kathryn's face, he began to wonder what *she* was thinking.

"How dare I what?"

Kathryn planted herself in front of him, standing toe-to-toe. Her scowl began to melt into a wicked grin.

"How *dare* you leave my quarters this morning without so much as a good-bye kiss?"

Chakotay pulled her into his arms, returning an equally wicked, but dimpled, grin.

"I'm sorry, but I had some business to take care of before reporting for duty...and you looked so peaceful. I didn't want to disturb you...since you haven't had much sleep lately."

"And whose fault is that?"

He began to chuckle as he bent to place a gentle kiss against her lips. "Does that make it better?"

Kathryn shook her head. "You're going to have to do better than that."

"How about this?" he asked, moving the kiss slowly down her neck.

"No...that still won't make up for it."

"Well, I don't know what else I can do...except..." His gaze caught hers, and he recognized the glint dancing in her eyes. "Oh...I see. One little kiss would never excuse my inattention, huh?"

She rested her palms on the front of his uniform. "I wouldn't let you off so easily, Commander." Kathryn reached up to trace her fingers lightly over his lips. "Now I want you to make it up to me properly...right here and now...and you'd *better* make it memorable."

"Yes Ma'am!" he replied, hands tugging at the edges of her uniform as they tumbled to the floor.

Minutes later, their passionate moans became irritated groans at the chirp of Kathryn's comm badge.

"Tuvok to Captain Janeway."

Chakotay was visibly upset. "Damned Vulcan," he grumbled, moving off of her so she could retrieve her comm badge, which had landed intact with her jacket on top of her desk.

"Damned Vulcan, indeed," Kathryn said, stifling a breathless giggle as she opened the link.

"Mr. Tuvok, I'm in the middle of something very important. Can this wait?"

She could almost picture his facial expression as he made his reply.

"With all due respect, Captain...this 'damned Vulcan' *realizes* that you are in the middle of something...as does the entire crew."

The look of shock on Chakotay's face was as evident as her own. "How could he..."

They both grabbed the edge of her desk and peered over the top. Instantly, all color left their bodies. An unmistakable blink appeared on her console...the blink of a ship-wide hail. Kathryn felt her fingers tighten around the desk, causing her knuckles to turn white.

"Oh. My. God."

She quickly reached over and disconnected the link...which had accidentally been made when her comm badge hit the console in their rush to get undressed. Kathryn knelt in disbelief, staring blankly at the wall in an attempt to make sense of her situation.

"They all know. The whole ship...they all heard us. They heard everything. I don't believe this. It's...utterly...*utterly*..."

Chakotay began to laugh hysterically. Kathryn looked in his direction, completely horrified by his reaction. "How can you possibly be laughing about this?"

Tears were streaming down his face and he could barely speak, causing Kathryn to grow furious. "What the hell is so funny?!?"

"You..." he bellowed, falling backwards on the floor. "You did say you wanted it to be *memorable*!"

[ J/C Fanfiction | Voyager | Homepage ]
Enjoy this story?
get this gear!