Drabble Me This...

What the heck is a drabble anyway??? Well, a drabble is a short story consisting of 100 words exactly (excluding the title)...no more...no less. Subject matter is irrelevant, but I used J/C as my topic :o) I was introduced to these by my JetC20 list, and an addiction ensued...aka Drabble-itis. Hope you enjoy!

[ Fanfic | Voyager | Homepage ]
Feedback
get this gear!


General Disclaimer: The characters belong to Paramount...the stories and fantasies belong to me!

WARNING: Do not read the R & NC-17 drabbles if you are under 17...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!


G, PG & PG-13 Ratings
Let The Games Begin
Urgent Business
What Could She Possibly Want? (sequel)
Simple Gesture
Parturition Ponderings
Promises Kept
High Velocity
Shuttle Accident
Medical Condition
Big Surprises
Debate
Timeless Drabble
Does He Feel It?
Fate, Perhaps



R & NC-17 Ratings
Deadlock Drabble
Parallax Possibilities
Lonely Little Bubble Bath
Quickie


Let The Games Begin
Rated PG
Date Written: 11/15/1999

"That was absolutely FABULOUS! I have never had tetrazzini quite like that before."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kathryn. It was my mother's own recipe."

"I would love to try to make it sometime. Could I have the recipe?"

"Sorry...it's a family secret."

"Oh, please, Chakotay. I won't tell anyone else."

"Nope."

"Pretty please?"

Chakotay shook his head, grinning at Kathryn's persistence.

"I could order you to give it to me."

"You would have to throw me in the brig. It would take much more than that for me to give out that recipe."

Kathryn immediately began to plot.

Back to Contents


What Could She Possibly Want?
Sequel to "Let The Games Begin"
Rated PG
Date Written: 11/13/1999

She walked into his quarters, a troubled look across her face.

"Is something wrong, Captain?" Chakotay asked, worried.

"I...I'm not sure why I came here," she stammered, walking in his direction.

"I just know that I'm tired of being alone."

Before he could respond, she threw her arms around his neck and drew him into a very passionate kiss.

They finally drew back from each other, breathless. He gave her a beautiful grin.

"Nice try, Kathryn, but I'm still not giving you my mother's recipe."

She stamped her foot and stormed out of his quarters, leaving him howling with laughter.

Back to Contents


Parturition Ponderings
Rated G
Date Written: 1/7/2000

"I can't believe the Doctor has taken to eavesdropping...when are you going to talk to him?"

"I'm not sure yet...maybe right after our meeting. Would you like for B'Elanna to work on limiting his abilities to eavesdrop?"

"Most certainly...knowing the Doctor, he may be inclined to gossip...and there are certain things we *don't* need him to spread around the ship."

Chakotay gave her a grin. "Is that an order, Captain?"

"No...but this is," she said, placing her hands delicately on his chest. "Kiss me, Commander!"

"Yes ma'am!" he answered, pulling her closer to follow orders.

Back to Contents


High Velocity
Rated PG-13
Date Written: 10/12/1999

Kathryn dove to hit the disc back in Chakotay's direction . The disc slammed into him as she hit the floor with a thud.

Match. Win. Janeway.

"Good one, Kathryn," he replied, watching her sit up, holding her wrist.

"You OK?" he asked, kneeling beside her .

"It's sprained. Now I can't enjoy the fact that I beat you!" she said, trying to laugh.

Chakotay took her injured limb and began to massage it.

"Better?"

"Much better," she answered, looking up into his dark eyes, as he leaned in closer to her.

A few moments later, Kathryn completely forgot about her wrist.

Back to Contents


Medical Condition
Rated PG
Date Written: 10/30/1999

Captain Kathryn Janeway walked onto her bridge, a pleasant smile across her face. Before Tuvok had the opportunity to protest her presence, she stopped his comment by raising her hand.

"It's been three weeks, Tuvok. I just wanted to visit one more time before..." she began as the Ready Room doors opened, revealing Commander Chakotay.

"Kath-...*Captain*!"

She smirked at his slip-up.

"What are you doing here? A person in your *medical condition* should not be on the bridge!"

"Well, as I recall, *Commander*, this *medical condition* is partly your fault!" she replied, placing her hand on her pregnant tummy.

Back to Contents


Debate
Rated PG
Date Written: 7/29/1999

"Come in."

Chakotay stormed in, anger etched on his face. Kathryn braced herself.

"Just what were you thinking when you wrote these orders?" he inquired, throwing the PADD down.

"How dare you speak to me like that?" she asked.

"It’s my job to look out for this crew, and question orders that threaten them!"

He placed his hands on her desk and glared at her, waiting for a reply.

She stood, following his gesture. Glaring back at him, nose to nose.

"How else could I get you in here?" she responded, reaching up to pull him into a passionate kiss.

Back to Contents


Does He Feel It?
Rated PG-13
Date Written: 8/5/1999

He places his hand on my stomach...my bare stomach, and closes his eyes.

Does he feel it...the way I feel for him?

Can he feel the love? Does he know how much I care?

Can he feel the goosebumps he gives me at the slightest touch?

I place my hand on top of his and tell him I love him. He whispers it back, kissing my hair.

Does he know my secret?

As he dozes off to sleep, can he feel the life growing inside me...the life we created...the child we made?

Does he feel it?

Back to Contents


Urgent Business
Rated PG-13
Date Written: 3/8/2000

Chakotay stood in Kathryn's quarters, curiously looking around the room. There didn't *seem* to be an emergency.

"Kathryn," he called out. "Was there a particular reason why you called me in here? You said it was urgent."

"It *is* urgent," she replied, sauntering into the room wearing her silky peach-colored bathrobe. "I wanted to show off the nightgown you gave me for my birthday."

"But...Kathryn," he stammered, his dark eyes watching her hands as she untied her robe. "I didn't *give* you a nightgown for your birthday."

"I know," she whispered seductively as her robe dropped to the floor.

Back to Contents


Simple Gesture
Rated G
Date Written: 12/17/1999

A simple gesture. Just to let him know. He's done so much for me...I couldn't possibly repay him. But a simple gesture will be a start.

He's watching the bridge crew...or watching the viewscreen. Not sure which. I stand beside him. He nods his hello.

No time like the present.

I slip my hand into his, lacing our fingers...not caring who sees. He jerks his head in my direction in surprise. I glance back and smile.

He looks ahead again, tightening his grip on my hand, knowing and understanding.

And all it took was a simple gesture.

Back to Contents


Promises Kept
Rated G
Date Written: 6/9/2000

They stood facing the viewscreen on the bridge, hands interlocked. Watching the beautiful blue and green orb grow closer.

"We made it, Kathryn," Chakotay whispered softly. "You've kept your promise."

"Yes," Kathryn answered, nodding her head as tears of joy slipped down her cheeks. "I never thought I would see it again..."

"May we please continue?" Tuvok interrupted, eyebrow raised in the true Vulcan fashion.

Turning their attention back to Tuvok, Chakotay grinned. "By all means, Commander."

Tuvok cleared his throat. "I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may..."

The newlyweds proceeded to the next part without his permission.

Back to Contents


Shuttle Accident
Rated PG
Date Written: 12/8/1999

"There's been another shuttle accident."

Chakotay looked up at the Captain, somewhat surprised. Then he grinned, responding, "Well, it wasn't *my* fault!"

Kathryn gazed back at him. "No, Commander, I'm afraid it was."

Now Chakotay was REALLY confused. "I haven't been *near* the shuttlebay today...how could it be my fault?"

"Do you remember our little shuttle outing a few months ago?"

"Do I ever!" he said, a wicked smile curling up on his lips. "Why?"

"I just visited the Doctor..."

Chakotay's eyebrows lifted high. "And..."

Kathryn let out a deep breath. "Would you prefer a boy or a girl?"

Back to Contents


Big Surprises
Rated G
Date Written: 7/24/1999

"Close your eyes, or I won't show you"

Kathryn sighed. She hated having to wait. Chakotay knew it. She followed his directions.

"No peeking. I mean it!"

"OK! OK! Just show me!"

Chakotay laughed at Kathryn's impatience. So many times had he tried her patience. But this time, it would be worth the trouble. He walked to his desk and returned with the small box.

"OK, open your eyes."

Her eyes fluttered open and looked at the box. He opened it for her.

"Do I have to say the words?"

"Yes," she replied, lifting the diamond ring from its container.

Back to Contents


Timeless Drabble
Rated PG
Date Written: 8/7/1999

He stared at her lifeless, frozen body, wondering how painful her death had been. To know that there nothing you could do but brace for the impact. To know what it felt like, when you were about to die.

How ironic, Chakotay thought, brushing a finger across her icy cheek. Kathryn had lost her father and fiance many years back. And here she was, lost as well, suffering the same fate as they had.

"I'm sorry, Kathryn. This never should have happened," he whispered, bending down to place a soft kiss across her lips.

"I'm going to set things right."

Back to Contents


Fate, Perhaps
Rated G
Date Written: 3/14/2001

"Is it just me, or does it seem that you and I *always* end up stranded on some planet...far from Voyager?"

"Perhaps it's fate."

She glared at him in disbelief. "You're kidding, right?"

He shook his head. "Don't *you* believe in fate, Kathryn?"

"Chakotay," she spoke half-heartedly, moving towards him. "You mean to say you believe in unseen forces that just throw two individuals to-"

Her words were cut short as she tripped on a small rock, landing her securely in Chakotay's arms. Catching her breath, Kathryn hesitantly completed her statement. "...together?"

Chakotay grinned. "That's *exactly* what I'm saying!"

Back to Contents


Deadlock Drabble
Rated R
Date Written: 10/11/1999

Two of everyone.

Two of *her*.

I couldn't believe it myself until I saw her image coming from the console.

They talked together..working on devising a plan to separate our two ships.

Two Kathryn Janeways...spirits, the possibilities.

To see them standing there together...so close...like a mirror image, only it isn't.

My mind begins to wander and I close my eyes...

One Kathryn purring in my ear as she massages my neck...the other unfastening my jacket, moving her hands inside...moving her hands down...

My eyes spring open.

I have to find a cold shower...fast!

Back to Contents


Lonely Little Bubble Bath
Rated NC-17
Date Written: 9/23/1999

I slip beneath the warm water, enveloped by the bubbles.

I close my eyes and he is there. Watching me. Wanting me. The way I want him.

"Mind if I join you?"

I smile my approval and he slides in behind me.

I can feel his body against me as he pulls me close.

Touching me. Caressing me. Kissing me. Stroking me. I am almost there when something startles me...

I open my eyes. Just me. Only a dream.

I gasp when the voice from behind me repeats "Mind if I join you?"

I smile. Sometimes dreams DO come true.

Back to Contents


Parallax Possibilities
Rated R
Date Written: 10/27/1999

"Would you have served under me?"

Kathryn answered as best she could among the crowd in Engineering, but she couldn't shake the question from her mind.

Soon they were alone in a turbolift. A slight glance in each other's direction prompted Kathryn to halt the lift and shove him against the wall.

"How would you like to test the possibilities?"

His mouth descended on hers as soon as the question was asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, in her quarters, still breathing heavily, Chakotay asked, "Do you think we should continue this experiment to see who serves *under* who the best?"

Kathryn grinned wickedly.

Back to Contents


Quickie
Rated R
Date Written: 10/27/1999

Kathryn stolled casually along the corridor, acknowledging crew members along the way. She yelped when she was suddenly pulled into the juncture as she passed.

Chakotay's hands were all over her body as he whispered, "I have 10 minutes before my shift begins."

"Then I suggest you get started," she replied, helping him remove only the necessary clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voyager's command team entered the bridge later, smiling broadly. Chakotay had barely sat down before the Captain started for her ready room.

"A moment of your time, Commander?"

"With pleasure," he responded, racing to follow.

"Newlyweds..." Paris muttered, as the door shut.

Back to Contents