Disclaimer: Paramount would never do this, but the characters still belong to them! If only they would let them have some fun once in a while!

Summary: In a moment of intimacy, Chakotay discovers something interesting about Kathryn...

 

First Time Discoveries

Kathryn and Chakotay lay curled together, bodies still moist from their first intimate encounter. Their hearts were pounding rapidly, and Kathryn almost felt that they were beating in unison.

He began placing feather light kisses along her shoulder, able to feel her quivering beneath his caress. His hand traveled down her side and over her hip, delicately tracing her contours.

"That was wonderful," he murmured into her ear, bringing his hand back to rest on her stomach.

Kathryn gave a deep moan. "Mmm...yes it was. If I had only known it could be like this, then I might have demanded this a *long* time ago."

"Well...it's not like I never tried," he snorted, brushing a wisp of her hair behind her ear.

She smiled as his arms tightened around her. "I know...and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I never told you."

"Never told me what?"

"That I loved you."

"Oh, that," he began, suddenly met with her evil glare.

"Well, gee! See if I ever tell *you* my feelings again! Glad to know it was so well received!"

"No! No! I didn't mean for it to sound that way," he quickly apologized, burying a kiss against her neck. "But truthfully, I've sort of known for some time...I was just waiting for you to admit it. I would never want to force you into something you weren't ready for."

Chakotay glanced down and could see that she was only kidding, her eyes gleaming with laughter. He continued. "I just thought...that maybe you were sorry about not telling me that you had such a *unique* tattoo on your hip," he commented, reaching down to trace its familiar edges.

"So you *did* notice," she giggled, rolling over towards him. "I was hoping you would discover that someday."

"I probably never would have if we hadn't done *this*," he whispered, kissing her forehead as she rested her chin on his chest. "Now I'm just curious as to *why* you would have a tattoo just like mine...especially there."

"How badly do you want to know?" she teased, stroking his chin.

"You mean...there's a price tag on this?"

"I just mean that absolutely no one is to know about it. This is a little secret that is best left as that...a secret. The Doctor put it on and he's been sworn to silence."

Chakotay smirked. "In other words, you deleted the record from his file."

"Whatever. No telling, okay?"

"Cross my heart," he grinned, mocking the gesture.

"I wanted something as an everyday reminder of the man I fell in love with...but it had to be something...and somewhere...that no one, including you, would be able to see..."

"Until now," he finished, witnessing the smile twinkling in her eyes.

"Until now." She pulled herself up and placed a gentle kiss against his lips. "When I fall in love...I fall hard!"

"I can certainly see that," he chuckled, returning her kiss. "Now may I ask *when* all this took place?"

"When did I get it?"

He nodded for her to continue.

"Why, the day I discovered that I was falling in love with you."

"Oh really? And what day would that have been?"

She pulled his lips close to hers once again.

"The day we first met."

[ J/C Fanfiction | Voyager | Homepage ]
Enjoy this story?
get this gear!