Disclaimer: TPTB can't seem to get their act together...so I've done it for them.

Summary: Something very monumental takes place on the bridge.

 

On The Bridge

"Take us into standard orbit, Tom. Harry, hail Starfleet. Tell them we're here."

Kathryn spoke as calmly as possible, never taking her eyes from the beautiful view of Earth on the viewscreen. She allowed the tears to slip down her cheeks. After seven years, their journey was finally over. Their mission complete. It was completely overwhelming...and absolutely wonderful.

She glanced around the bridge, reflecting on the expressions of each of her crew members. Harry was smiling uncontrollably, bubbling with joy. B'Elanna and Tom were crying in each other's embrace. Seven was, well, Seven. Tuvok, though a pure blooded Vulcan, even looked a little excited. But the best expression of all, the one she had come to love after all these years, was the magnificent dimpled grin spanning across Chakotay's face. Kathryn couldn't stop looking at it. In fact, she had just been *caught* looking at it. To be more specific, she had been caught *smiling* at it.

Before anyone knew what was happening, Chakotay had swept her into his arms...and he was kissing her. Kissing her gently. Kissing her madly. Kissing her with all the passion a man could give. Kissing her like she had never been kissed before.

Kissing her...on the bridge.

Chakotay knew that she would probably never forgive him for this, but he also knew that there would probably never be another opportunity. So he did what any man would have done...what he had longed to do throughout their entire seven-year mission. He burst through the wall of protocol and kissed the mighty Captain Kathryn Janeway.

To his shock and extreme pleasure, he couldn't help but notice that she was kissing him back. Running her slender fingers up into his hair. Pulling him closer to her, deepening the kiss they shared. Moving her lips against his to convey all the fiery passion within her.

Kissing *him*...on the bridge.

They finally, and quite hesitantly, pulled apart, staring deeply into each other's eyes. The bridge was silent, apart from a few bleeps from the surrounding consoles...and the gasps from the crew. But to Kathryn and Chakotay, nothing else existed. It was only them and their two hearts beating as one.

"Welcome home, Chakotay," Kathryn whispered, reaching up to trace his lips with her fingers.

"With you, I'm always home," Chakotay answered, brushing a few stray hairs from around her face.

She smiled. He grinned. And with all the crew still gawking, he kissed her again.

[ J/C Fanfiction | Voyager | Homepage ]
Enjoy this story?
get this gear!